Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Confessions of a undisciplined blogger...

I've hinted once or twice that I am not particularly known for my orderly and disciplined virtues.....because frankly I do not have ANY! I am a bundle of ideas and the queen of getting the ball rolling...then I get my adult onset ADD and wander off to the next idea....

But dear reader...or both of you who are left these days, I have not purposely been neglecting you! I have been a flurry of business since school claimed my children back for the daytime hours. I have finally gotten back into the sewing room (-:  I've got the Halloween batch up on Etsy and am working on more adoption themed outfits with my Christmas prints pulled out and in the queue. Here's a few of the things I've been playing with;












These and the fact that out of the blue my Guatlinda II dress was 'found' by a group of adoptive mothers on a FB page I belong to and overnight I had EIGHT orders!!! The account for the birth families food deliveries should be looking less sickly and none too soon with the holiday season approaching.

Now I did venture out of the salt mine once or twice of late. I would have been voted off the Mommy island if I did not keep this morning's appointment...


Yes, it involved Mari....and the last time you will see her smile like this!


Because today was THE DAY!! Brackets and wires were removed...


Ready to be disposed of and replaced by...



Well OF COURSE she chose pink and purple for her retainers!?!?!?


Seeing as she is still a teen we did opt for the permanent retainer behind the lower teeth and he has one on the upper...temporarily but today we begin the new phase! Can you hear me now...."Mari, where is your retainer and why is it not in your mouth???" ...because I pretty darn sure I will be saying that with a high degree of frequency!!


But today is all about admiring the new smile....


and more mirror action...


and more mirror action!!! If my camera had not been tucked safely in my bag at the moment I would even have a shot of her bent checking her new smile out in my side view mirror as we headed back out to the car....and the mirror in the elevator....and the front window of the post office...and the side view mirror again as she got out at school....

 
But wouldn't you if that was the gorgeous face that looked back at you from the mirror?!?!?

3 comments:

  1. Love that super-beautiful smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that smile! I got my braces on when I was 24 yearls old just to pull my small teeth together, only had them on 10 months but so nice to get them OFF!. I didn't know they still did retainers like that any more, mine were just clear things, now I just ear them at night, faithfully, she will wear that retainer unless she wants to get braces back on again, I had to pay for mine so boy howdy I wear them (and so I dont' crack teeth and easily)
    Super cute dresses, Maya of course still fits in all of hers, she is very very excited for fall and Halloween and her birthday I mean what an exciting time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting the braces off! I know that is huge!

    And super cute dresses! Wish I could sew...but the sewing machine and I...well, let's just say we're not very good friends. :)

    ReplyDelete