Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Little Girls and Race Cars

Slowly I'm molding my routine back to a 'normal' of sorts! Mari is settled in nicely and Julia is on spring break so I have the time to get back into the salt mine. There is so much positive karma received when I'm sewing that I have to wonder why I so often abandon this activity during times of stress? With every idea brought from concept to finished product I receive personal gratification. The happiness shining from the faces of the recipients of the garments adds to the positive emotional tally. Nothing can beat the news each month that Mari's birth family arrived in town to pick up their food baskets paid for from the profits of the sewing. The sum of all this positive karma would lead one to think I should sew more not less!! Sigh, it's just so hard to justify isolating myself into the salt mine when the world around me is in crisis. Hope springs eternal that the winning lottery ticket will some day make it's way into my hand so I can build my dream house where the sewing room is a sun-filled place in the hub of the home :)! So here is an update from the salt mine....... Julia is all SMILES now that I finished her Cars outfit so it isn't too girly! We abandoned the first top altogether and I pieced together a few of her favorite characters into a strip outlined in checkered ribbon and sewed in onto a 'comfy' tee shirt. Clothes for Julia are all about COMFY!
Well Vanessa, here is the 'McQueen' outfit! This set is a 36mos and I'm asking $40 for this 3 piece group. The skirt uses an EUC denim generously donated by Rhonda and boy there are more outfits to come thanks to her and Vanessa's overwhelmingly generous act of sending me boxes full to the brim with denim!!!!!!
The top is a halter in a red Lightening McQueen print with a checkered print ruffle.
The back of the halter has an elastic band to help with the fit and there is red ric-rac trim on the pockets and bottom ruffle.
The third piece is a co-ordinated bow! I'm sooooooo struggling with my bows. I'm sure it had a lot to do with my feeling that it's usually cheaper and easier to buy one than wrestle with ribbon and hot glue guns. Maybe I'll find a bow-maker to team up with so all the outfits can come with accessories :)!
I do have enough material left to make up another so if anyone is interested in a similar outfit for their girl who likes life in the fast lane just drop me a note at Muingapat at sbcglobal dot net...sorry but I'm trying to overtax my spam filter!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok I want that outfit!! Do you think it's going to work for Olivia? If so I'll send you the money! How do I get to your paypal account?

    ReplyDelete