Sunday, November 8, 2009

Confessions of a Half-Hearted Housewife

Another week that has raced out of my control....beginning to be my new 'normal'. Seems a few weeks back I had promised to make another Irish dancing dress for a competition that I thought was November 14th. Not being from the list making OCD half of the family I got that wrong...it was the 7th!!!!!! This fact was brought to my attention on Halloween when I received a call asking when the fitting was going to occur. Deeeeeeep breath Suzanne!!!!! Coupled with my other 'new normal' work schedule, which has gone from 1-2 days a week to 4-5 days per week, I now had to make time for another 40-50 hours of sewing time!!!!! Finished in time for yesterday's competition and doesn't even look like a RUSH job...if I do say so myself!! I loooooove making these actually. Who wouldn't like to play with rich fabrics and rhinestones? It's the stage moms and deadlines that have driven me into a sort of retirement. This dress was for a sweet girl who's mom is nothing like a stage mom which is why I agreed to the order in the first place! Oh, and did I mention that I also had an order from my eBay venture? Yeah, well that deadline kind of crept up on me too!!!!!! She was the 'winner' of my little Halloween witch A-line jumper and really looooved it and requested one in Dick and Jane fabric.....AND ..... one in a cowgirl fabric....AND one in a Thanksgiving print as well!!! The past week went pretty much like this- Work, home to sew, order out dinner, sew, put girls to bed, sew, sew some more, and sew even more! Sleep when the eyes would no longer co-operate by staying open and get up in time to go to work. Notice anythings missing from that schedule??? Barely had time for the necessities of eating, sleeping, and bathroom visits let alone homework helping, laundry, and cleaning!!!! So it really should have been no surprise when Mari informed me that one of the pumpkins in our front window had tipped over and this is what I found.......... Is there any wonder that Julia had begun to complain of a sore throat....one of her allergy early warning symptoms????? Kind of looked cool in a disgusting sort of way! So.....my next week looks like it's shaping up to be another sleep deprived schedule that goes something like this- work, home to clean, cook real food finally, help with homework, put girls to bed, back to laundry and cleaning until sleep can no longer be avoided. Is there any question why my dreams are filled with visions of Sarasota?????

5 comments:

  1. Omg my pumpkin is rotting on the front porch..ewwwww!

    you are a talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfits and a great dancing dress!
    I agree that the pumpkin looks kinda cool! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are insane!!!!!! I dont know how it is even possible to make a dancing dress that looked like that, amazing. I htink you need one of those long sleeps you had a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you do need a vacation. you need to learn how to bi-locate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need some MOMMY time girlfriend, wowser. Cute dresses though, wow, wish I had even an ounce of that talent :-)

    ReplyDelete