Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Celebrating Mardi Gras

Chicagoland and Carnival are not usually associated! There are no parades with elaborate floats nor bead throwing...you'd freeze the unmentionables if you sat out on our curbsides at this time of the year!!!!!!!!!! There are no days off of school to recover from the late nights of partying...not really many parties even! We do try our best to bring on the holiday though.The Paczki (poonch-key) are bought from the local Polish bakery and waiting to be served for dessert. We have a favorite decadent dinner planned. The girls have been debating their Lenten sacrifices...Julia's seems possible as she plans to give up pop/soda but Mari has set a very high bar by declaring that she intends to stop 'back sassing' her parents! We even did up special shirts for school this year!! So here is Julia all beaded up and heading off to let the good times roll....well not so much....since it's just a normal school day. Hey, it's the thought that counts, isn't it?

4 comments:

  1. She is soooo cute in the picture! Chloe wore her Valentine skirt and shirt Sunday to church and she was the 'Hit" of the Sunday School class. I'm mad at myself for getting any pics. Do you plan to do any easter outfits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh its fun makes a regular school day a little bit more fun! My mom loved the post with all the models in it too, I am so happy she loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Love the outfit for school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO sorry I didn't get the king cake sent in time this year!! I'm a total slacker right now!! I do have two very sweet sets of beads ready to go and I'll call the bakery to see if maybe they could squeeze one more king cake out for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete