Monday, February 1, 2010

Drum roll pleeeeaaassseee......

Tah Dah!!!!!!!!! The Mahoney Family would like to introduce you to Nacho (on the right) and Justin Bieber (guess who's fish that is?!?!?). Our 'free' carnival fish which retail for 13 cents a piece have officially cost $10 each to this point. Given the Flounder saga, I did invest in a $19.99 packaged tank deal this time around. I'm hoping the included filter will reduce the frequency of tank cleanings! Should either/both of these fish go 'belly up' in short order I have agreed to a replacement plan since we are talking a whopping 26 cent investment. I will try to give this shot at pet ownership a real go this time. Within minutes of meeting Nacho, Julia did sigh and say, "I wish they'd invent a fish you could take out and play with!" Man that kid knows how to yank Mommy's heart strings. Meanwhile, there's a betting pool on how long Justin Bieber will keep his name. I'm thinking this fish will acquire a new name every couple of months or so....unless I can sell her on my Velveeta suggestion?!?!

5 comments:

  1. No lie...one of my best friends is named Nacho!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key to goldfish and cleaner tanks is to feed them as little as possible without starving them. Those little suckers iterally eay and poop so the more you feed them the more they..well you get the picture!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You funny!!!!!! I'm still adding all my blogging buddies to my list! I;m having a heck of a time in fact I screwed up my side bar stuff! I wanted my referral pics up top and my blogging list at the bottom but it's not moving!

    You never offend! You are my favorite blogs! You cant get rid of me that easy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say that the list is brand new. I never had a list before. Just on my old blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think nacho will die first. are we strarting a pool of who dies first??? that name for the bigger fish -- I never heard of it. must be some teen idol. we were watching the gramy reviews last night -- where those hosts and hosteesses rip on everyone's attire, and say who was best and worst dressed. we did a lot of laughing at some of those dresses, but I tell you, I know no one -- no one, except carrie underwood, and even dh didn't know who she was.

    ReplyDelete