The Guateguapo shirt is being problematic for me still. Standing alone I agree it needs to be 'more manly' but the problem is I have an order for a sibling set!! That means that the boy's shirt should really coordinate with his sister's dress....but the only fabric in the dress that isn't all flowers and lady bugs is the geometric I used in Guateguapo #1. Now I've done this up for the Mom to see with the idea being that I can just swap out the geometric for the stripe in the sister's dress and achieve a 'matching look'.
Then, considering all the feed back I've been getting from the Moms of boys I'm going to try and push my comfort zone out a bit and try some sibling sets!
The biggest hurdle I'm running up against is finding cute fabrics that I can see used in both a feminine and masculine way!! Hopefully in time I can retrain my eye so that the girl's outfits don't get too tomboyish or the boy's outfits become too girlish!
So try #1 is this set inspired by a length of fabric I had laying around with sea creatures.
This pair are in size 5T and I'm going to list them as both a set or as individual pieces since I have more of this fabric. Once I got going on this set I 'saw' the potential in another piece of fabric I had on hand.
So try #2 are these whimsical safari/zoo animals. I'm thinking this theme would work at Animal Kingdom as well as the local zoo!!! This set is in 3T.
The food basket fund is getting low again so I'll be doing a lot of sewing these next couple of weeks in an effort to beef it up...pun intended.